1. So, I finallyreached my goal weight! 2. On the other hand, now the hard part begins...staying there. 3. There is more to life than working all the time. 4. Marzipan Cake is my favorite birthday dessert. 5. What represents happiness to me: my grand-beagles, Hank & Shooter. 6. As the saying goes says, the early bird gets a lot more done. 7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to seeing my friend, tomorrow my plans include shopping and Sunday, I want to eat a nice breakfast!
1. It's always nice when the family can get together!
2. I like to hear the birds chirping in the morning.
3. Positive attitude; negative gossip.
4. This is the life!
5. What I heard is you need 7 hours of sleep each night to stay healthy.
6. Often, I search for the lessons in life.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm doing laundry, tomorrow my plans include driving to somewhere special and Sunday, I want to celebrate a friend's birthday!
I've been working on this project this week. Cleaning and reorganizing my closet. It's one of those projects that I've been putting off for a ridiculously long time. My clothes are happy they can breathe again and not be squeezed together in the closet so tightly. Now I have piles of clothes laying on the floor waiting to be taken to Goodwill for donation. I'm going to take a few items to the consignment store to try my luck at selling them there. Have any of you had any success with consignment shops?
1. I knew it was love when...I first laid eyes on my daughter the day she was born! 2. My heart can be broken but you always can mend it over time. 3. A dog is always ready to love you unconditionally. 4. My how you have such endless inspiration around you. 5. Can you see my beautiful clematis? (pictured above) 6. And the housework never ends! 7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to calling a friend, tomorrow my plans include transplanting my rose bush and Sunday, I want to go antiquing...maybe.
The bottom photo is of Cheesy Spinach Muffins from Good Ideas Magazine. Here is the recipe if you'd like to try making them yourself.
3-1/2 oz Baby Spinach
5 oz Self-Rising Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 oz Parmesan Cheese, Grated
2 oz Cheddar, finely cubed
1 oz Butter, melted
3-1/2 oz Milk
2 Medium Eggs
Small Handful Parsley, finely chopped
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line 6 muffin pan cups with paper liners. Put spinach in a colander and pour boiling water over it until it wilts. Let cool. Once spinach has cooled, squeeze out as much water as possible. Chop finely and set aside.
In a large bowl mix together flour, baking powder, most of the parmesan and cheddar cheeses. In a separate bowl combine melted butter, milk, eggs, parsley, chopped spinach. Quickly mix the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients. Don't worry if there are lumps.
Divide mixture evenly among paper muffin cups, then sprinkle tops with remaining cheeses. Bake for 12-15 minutes until muffins have risen, are golden and cooked through. Serve warm.
Sunday I decided to go to the Kane County Flea Market. I haven't been there for a very long time, so I was surprised to see the new buildings. The weather was so perfect - sunny, a slight breeze and the temperature was about 80 degrees. I wish I could remember to take my camera out of my purse more often at these kind of things. There were lots and lots of beautiful booths with fun vintage items.
1. Hallelujah! The tree I thought was dead, isn't! 2. At the cottage is where I wanna be! 3. When I was walking the dog this morning, I saw a handful of goose feathers in the road and I thought uh-oh! 4. I always seemed tired and that's how I knew it was time to lose a few pounds. 5. What were once vices are still vices. 6. Yogurt or oatmeal is what I've been having for breakfast lately. 7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to dinner out with friends, tomorrow my plans are still up in the air and Sunday, I want to sort thru my pile of old magazines!