Well, I made it through the events of the past week and I am hoping to get through the last month of the year without hearing any more sad news. I did manage to get some Thanksgiving decorations out around the house...ooops! I see that I forgot to replace my Bethany Lowe pumpkin girl from Halloween (in the top picture) with the turkey boy. I am not cooking the bird this year....Yipee! We are bringing the feast to my mother-in-laws house on Thursday. I am in charge of desserts. I think I am going to try making the recipe below along with the traditional pies.
William-Sonoma Pumpkin Dessert Squares
1. Mix 1 box yellow cake mix (reserving 1 cup for topping) with 1/2 cup melted butter and 1 large
2. Press lightly into the bottom of a 9" x 13" pan.
3. Mix 1 jar of Muirhead Pumpkin Pecan Butter with 2 large eggs and 1/8 cup milk.
4. Pour over cake mixture.
5. Mix 1 cup reserved cake mix with 1 TBLS flour, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup softened butter and 1 tsp cinnamon.
6. Mix together until crumbly.
7. Spread over the top of the pumpkin layer.
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until golden.